Photographs, Flats, and Football

See that little dot at the end, that's me the other day, or where I would have been, when I sold my first photograph. A friend of mine works on the bridge, selling photographs of Prague. I went to visit him, and while I was there I sold a picture to an Italian man, and gave a New Yorker the insight on where to catch the best classical music in Prague (I didn't, however, tell him how to get the best price, sneak in, that's my own secret). The Charles Bridge was the first built in Prague; the only other way to cross the Vltava was to swim or boat in summer or walk across the thick ice in winter, though because of how the river's regulated today it does not freeze over anymore.
Flat hunting is not over, but it is getting better. I have three places in mind right now, but there's always the hesitation of commitment--what if that jewel of a flat is right around the corner, why settle? I'll tell you why, because the hostel's breaking my wallet. The manager gave me a good discount, though, so it's not that bad.
I just got back from an American football game, kids 16 to 19, basically a high school game. I went with a few friends, one's boss is the coach. It was the championship game: the Prague Panthers vs the Lions. And our team, the team we were rooting for, won! 37-6. In the last minutes, the quarterback, on his own goal line, snaked through the defensive line on a qb sneak and ran a TD for 95 or so yards. To add insult to injury, the whole team did the football as a bomb fall down enzone dance (those of you who watch know what I'm talking about); they got a penalty for that one. But you're only champs once so better live it up.
Tonight I guess there's a lot of Halloween parties. So I'm going to go take a nap, rest up, then see what kind of trouble I can get myself into.

1 Comments:
The pics look great. Maybe you should get a spot on the bridge selling them! Here's a lesson to you kids at home: You don't want to end up like Matt Foley, I mean Garrett,...living in a HOSTEL down by THE RIVER!!
By
D. Howard, at 10:35 AM
Post a Comment
<< Home